Wednesday 7 March 2012

Rock The Mesbah

I missed last night's game. Not only did I not go but most of it passed me by due to a very charming stomach bug that had me doubled over the porcelain! Mrs Pitch and SonofFeverpitch left me in bed with those sicky halucinations that led me to believe the radio reporter was saying we were 2-0 up in the first half. I dragged myself to the TV to make up RVP blasting home a pen. We were 3-0 up at half time in my world. Thanks illness.

Following another bathroom incident I slumped into bed and that was that. How ill did I feel? '5 tweets all night' ill, that's how ill! I've had a quick look today and read through Twitterland and it seems we have a lot to be proud of. You cannot really expect to go through if you cock up the first leg so badly despite Milan doing their best to play extra time. Milan were as poor as we were out there. we, as good as they were out there. They got 4. We got 3. They go through. Move on.

Yet, if we were to go out that was the best result we could hope for. We've beaten Spuds, Liverpool and Milan in less than 2 weeks. That's a decent run of form going into the back end.

The main concern from last night was the bench. It was uninspiring just when you needed a goal. Arshavin's name came up on t'internet a lot. Who knows? Sorry about the meaningless title too. Mesbah was their left back and he was awful. Walcott rocked him and it seemed to good an opportunity to miss!

So a performance to be proud of (if not a blog to match!) So close. If only Vela had been there for the Van Persie 'chip' (see told you I was ill!)

Happy birthday to SonofFeverpitch this week. Have a great day.

Right I'm off to challenge some dry toast and water to a stay down competition!

Up The Gunners.

No comments:

Post a Comment